Hawai‘i Pacific University gets results. After ten years of work, students and faculty at the Oceanic Institute are now successfully breeding Yellow Tang at our research laboratory in Waimanalo.
“Recently we had a major breakthrough with the yellow tang. It’s not a first just for the species, it’s not a first just for the genus, it’s a first for the entire family of tangs. It’s a very big deal. The technology we’ve developed to figure out how to rear the tang can be used to have more success in the aquaculture world.” –Dean Klein
Protecting marine ecosystems. Cutting edge research. Discovering solutions to long-standing problems.
HPU gives you the tools you need and the support you want to make a difference.
When you come to HPU, you’re joining our ‘ohana. We are a community of learners working together to solve big problems.
We have the best Hawai‘i has to offer and more:
- Over 50 undergraduate programs. Our admissions team can help you follow your passion.
- HPU is located in convenient urban, country, and coastal settings in one of the safest cities in the U.S.
- Wherever you’re from, you’re welcome here. HPU has students from all 50 states and over 80 countries.
- We have over 300 Study Abroad opportunities at HPU. Where do you want to go?
- At HPU, classes typically have only 13 students per faculty. This means you get personalized 1:1 attention not found at other universities.
- We have the latest state-of-the-art equipment and our faculty teach you in a hands-on manner to support your learning style. Whether it’s on our 42-foot research vessel or in an interactive classroom environment, the quality of your education is our top priority.
- #1 ROI. HPU ranks first among private universities and colleges for Return on Investment according to PayScale’s 2014 report.